Pandan leaves. What to do with them?
Extract the juice and bake bread.
I also added about 1 TBSP gula melaka (coconut sugar). After baking, I realised that if I had wanted sweet bread, it would have to be a lot more of sugar. But the silver lining is that I can eat this bread either way - with sweet jam or to accompany savoury dishes, even curry.
Extract the juice and bake bread.
I also added about 1 TBSP gula melaka (coconut sugar). After baking, I realised that if I had wanted sweet bread, it would have to be a lot more of sugar. But the silver lining is that I can eat this bread either way - with sweet jam or to accompany savoury dishes, even curry.
| Pre-dough, about 4 TBSP flour with half tsp yeast, water |
| Pandan extract, from 12 leaves using slow juicer |
| Extracting 'juice' from crushed pandan leaves but ... |
| There is hardly any fragrance or color left in the drained juice. |
| Coconut oil, gives an amazing smell to the baking |
| Added 1 egg |
| 1+ 2/3 cups of bread flour |
| Add a small tsp of instant yeast |
| Ready for first rise |
| After 1.5 hours |
| Shaped into 2 loaves |
| Cut the risen loaves |
| Fresh out of the oven |
| Smells of pandan |
Comments
Post a Comment